It feels like just yesterday that we were romping in the hay, joking about plowing fields and inseminating hogs. And yet here we are, another season upon us. Now, Kaitlyn and Britt get the privilege of competing with each other first, before one of them decides to let a tanktop-wearing meathead put a ring on it after six weeks. Hey now. Hey now. This is what dreams are made of.
If you’re a returning BachFantasy-er, welcome back. If you are new, where the hell have you been? We’ve been waiting for like, 3 years, and you never even texted that you were running late. God.
Keep reading for an overview of how to start your very own Bachelorette Fantasy league.
How Our Bachelorette Fantasy League Works
1) Gather your “Bachelorette”-loving friends and choose a League Commissioner. The Commissioner is responsible for tallying league members’ points each week and sharing the standings with the league.
2) Choose how your league is going to run your draft (read more on that below) and submit your contestant picks to your league commissioner.
3) Watch “The Bachelorette” every Monday night, beginning May 18th on ABC.
4) Visit this blog every Tuesday morning to see how each of your contestants scored. The league commissioner should add up the point totals for each team in order to figure out the weekly rankings. You can use our scoring template to keep track of your league members’ scores.
Click here to download our new scoring template: BachFantasy – Season 12 – Britt and Kaitlyn.
A Special Note About “The Bachelorette” Season 12
Every once in a while, ABC goes out for margaritas, tosses a few too many back, stumbles home drunk, eats his roommate’s banana bread, and pisses all over the finely calibrated perpetual motion machine that is The Bachelor franchise. That’s the only explanation for what’s happening.
We have two Bachelorettes this season: Britt and Kaitlyn. We’re assuming that the male contestants will choose which Bachelorette they want to rappel down cliffs with, and the loser will be sent packing on night one.
But there’s no way to be sure, is there?
So here’s the deal: when you draft your five contestants, select a Bachelorette too. If you pick the right gal, you’ll earn an extra 50 points in episode two. If the men don’t select a Bachelorette in the first episode, then we’ll wait ’em out, and award points when the Bachelorette is chosen .
Until a Bachelorette is chosen, the men will then receive points for interactions with either lady.
You have a few options when it comes to drafting your Bachelorette fantasy league team team of five contestants. Click here to read more about how to draft your team.
Also: we’re axing the mid-season draft this year. We tried it for the first time for Chris Soules’ season and the enthusiasm was tepid, like this cup of tea I’ve been nursing for 45 minutes. So we’re 86ing it. Peeved? Sound off in the comments.
When picking contestants, choose your own adventure. Do you want a team of escapees from the funny farm? Do you want to stack your team with the stage 5 clingers? Variety is the spice of life. Do you.
Points are divided into Phrases, Actions, and Roses. We’ve added a few new points categories this year. We will continue with a new wildcard point category each week to keep things fresh throughout the season!
- Talking about his parents’ relationship (5 points)
- Mentioning his kid (5 points)
- Mentioning a deceased loved one (10 points)
- Mentioning a previous fiancee or wife (10 points)
- Saying “I’m not here to make friends” (20 points)
- Saying “I’m falling for you” to the Bachelorette or “I’m falling for her” to the camera (20 points)
- Saying “I love you” to the Bachelorette (30 points)
- Telling the Bachelorette that someone in the house “is not here for the right reasons” (30 points)
- Interrupting someone’s one-on-one time (5 points)
- Bonus: using the phrase “steal [the Bachelorette] away” during said interruption (5 points)
- Dancing (5 points)
- Wearing a helmet (5 points)
- Singing/playing an instrument for the Bachelorette (5 points)
- Hot tubbing (5 points)
- Giving the Bachelorette a gift (5 points)
- Going on a picnic (5 points)
- Must be sitting on the ground
- Wearing a costume or clothing native to another culture/country (5 points)
- Riding in a helicopter (10 points)
- Riding on a boat (10 points)
- Kissing the Bachelorette on the lips (10 points)
- Appearing visibly drunk (15 points)
- Meeting the Bachelorette’s family and/or friends (15 points)
- Needing medical attention at any point (20 points)
- Crying on camera (25 points)
- Must actually see moisture fall
- Having a secret girlfriend at home (25 points)
- Having a body part blurred out any point (30 points)
- Only for nudity; having your mouth blurred for profanity doesn’t count
- Leaving the show early on his own accord (30 points)
- Drafting the next Bachelor on your team (40 points)
- Coming back to the show to beg for another chance (50 points)
- Getting the First Impression Rose (35 points, only available first night)
- Being selected to go on a group date (10 points)
- Being selected to go on a one-on-one date (20 points)
- Getting the rose to stay another week (25 points)
- Getting the rose on a group date (30 points)
- Getting the rose on a two-on-one date (40 points)
- Making it to Hometown Dates (50 points)
- Accepting the Fantasy Suite (75 points)
- Refusing the Fantasy Suite (-75 points)
- Winning the Final Rose (100 points)
Each week, we’ll announce the upcoming wildcard category for the week. It will change weekly and is only awarded to one guy per episode. For example, one wildcard category might be: the first guy to be shown on camera shirtless this week gets 40 points.
We’ll score each episode for you and post each contestant’s scores every Tuesday morning. Be sure to check back every Tuesday to see how your teams are stacking up against one another! We’ll also be posting an episode recap for those of you can’t get enough Bach.
Will you be joining us this season? Let us know your league or individual team name in the comments! (We like puns.)
P.S. You can sign up to get an email every time we post by entering your email address in the widget at the very bottom of the page.