Listen up, party people. A lot of y’all have been knocking on our virtual door inquiring about the Mid-Season Draft (which means your team must not be faring so well; I FEEL THAT). I’m happy to announce the wait is over.
Without further ado, here are the rules to Season 20’s Mid-Season Draft. Please note that you do NOT have to do this in your league if you don’t want. Up to each individual league.
– If your team is NOT fully intact (i.e., you no longer have all of the contestants you originally drafted):
- You can draft exactly one more lady to your roster.
– If your team IS fully intact:
- You get a bonus of 50 points
- OR you can swap out one of your existing contestants for another lady.
When To Draft:
– You can complete the mid-season draft BEFORE the start of Episode 6 on Monday. (Just be aware that the bonus lady you draft may get the axe immediately. Such is life.) It’s up to you and your league.
– Because of the cliffhanger ending to Episode 5, you can pause AFTER the first rose ceremony next Monday (technically, Episode 5’s rose ceremony) and complete the mid-season draft by emailing the commissioner with your chosen contestant. This has to be done IMMEDIATELY after the first rose ceremony is over.
– No matter which way you draft, you’ll receive points for your new team for the ENTIRETY of Episode 6.
- For example, if you pause after Episode 6’s first rose ceremony to draft Leah to your team, and she receives two roses at both ceremonies, you’ll receive all of those points. Drafting AFTER the first rose ceremony of the night just ensures that you aren’t adding a lady to your team who will be immediately axed. That’s it.
– Normally, our points categories are awarded once per episode per contestant. However, we’re making an exception in Episode 6 for the category “Getting the rose to stay another week”, worth 25 points. Ladies will be eligible for those points twice this week, once per rose ceremony (assuming there ARE two rose ceremonies).