Welcome back for our third season of BachFantasy! After a few months of productive Monday evenings, we’re back and ready to let The Bachelor suck the life out of us all over again. This season’s crop of bachelorettes (farmer pun absolutely intended—buckle up and get used to it) is full of freshly spray-tanned ladies who all lied about their willingness to move to Iowa in the name of love.
If you’re new to BachFantasy, or could use a little refresher on how this works, keep reading. Otherwise, we’ll see you back here on January 6th with Episode 1 points. (Wish you were watching along with us each week? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter; we live tweet each episode!)
How Our Bachelor Fantasy League Works
1) Gather your “Bachelor”-loving friends and choose a League Commissioner. The Commissioner is responsible for tallying league members’ points each week and sharing the standings with the league.
2) Choose how your league is going to run your draft (read more on that below) and submit your contestant picks to your league commissioner.
3) Watch “The Bachelor” every Monday night, beginning January 5th on ABC.
4) Visit this blog every Tuesday morning to see how each of your contestants scored. The league commissioner should add up the point totals for each team in order to figure out the weekly rankings.
Calling all league commissioners: click here to download a BachFantasy scoring template.
You have a few options when it comes to drafting your Bachelor fantasy league team team of five contestants. Click here to read more about how to draft your team.
Mid-season Draft (Brand New!)
This season, our league is trying something new to spice it up. When there are 10 ladies left, you’ll have the option to trade one of your players or replace an ousted player with one of the remaining bachelorettes.
For example, if my team is down to two ladies, I can draft one of the remaining ten to my team for a new total of three active players. Or, if I still have a full team of five, I can trade one of my players for a bachelorette I think has a better chance of winning. Spicy, no?
You’ll be rewarded for drafting bold contestants but more so for drafting contestants who go the distance. Points are divided into Phrases, Actions, and Roses.
We’ve added a new wildcard point category to keep things fresh throughout the season!
- Talking about her parents’ relationship (5 points)
- Mentioning her kid (5 points)
- Mentioning a deceased loved one (10 points)
- Mentioning a previous fiance or husband (10 points)
- Saying “I’m not here to make friends” (20 points)
- Saying “I’m falling for you” to Chris or “I’m falling for him” to the camera (20 points)
- Saying “I love you” to Chris (30 points)
- Telling Chris that someone in the house “is not here for the right reasons” (30 points)
- Interrupting someone’s one-on-one time (5 points)
- Bonus: using the phrase “steal Chris away” during said interruption (5 points)
- Dancing at a concert (5 points)
- Singing/playing an instrument for Chris (5 points)
- Hot tubbing (5 points)
- Giving the Bachelor a gift (5 points)
- Going on a picnic (5 points)
- Must be sitting on the ground
- Riding in a helicopter (10 points)
- Kissing Chris on the lips (10 points)
- Appearing visibly drunk (15 points)
- Needing medical attention at any point (20 points)
- Crying on camera (25 points)
- Must actually see moisture fall
- Having a secret boyfriend at home (25 points)
- Having a body part blurred out any point (30 points)
- Only for nudity; having your mouth blurred for profanity doesn’t count
- Leaving the show early on his own accord (30 points)
- Drafting the next Bachelorette on your team (40 points)
- Coming back to the show to beg for another chance (50 points)
- Getting the First Impression Rose (35 points, only available first night)
- Being selected to go on a group date (10 points)
- Being selected to go on a one-on-one date (20 points)
- Getting the rose to stay another week (25 points)
- Getting the rose on a group date (30 points)
- Getting the rose on a two-on-one date (40 points)
- Making it to Hometown Dates (50 points)
- Accepting the Fantasy Suite (75 points)
- Refusing the Fantasy Suite (-75 points)
- Winning the Final Rose (100 points)
Wildcard Points (Brand New!)
Another addition we’re making this season is a wildcard point category. Each week, we’ll announce the upcoming wildcard category for the week. It will change weekly and is only awarded to one lady per episode. For example, one wildcard category might be: the first lady to be shown on camera in a bikini this week gets 40 points.
We’ll score each episode for you and post each contestant’s scores every Tuesday morning. Be sure to check back every Tuesday to see how your teams are stacking up against one another! We’ll also be posting an episode recap for those of you can’t get enough Bach.
Will you be joining us this season? Let us know your league or individual team name in the comments!
P.S. Sign up to get an email every time we post!