Returning BachFantasy lovers: welcome back! Thanks for sticking with us through thick and thin, hot tubs and helicopters, drunk hiccups and crocodile tears. We promise that big things are in store for BachFantasy and we thank you for guarding and protecting our hearts on this journey (and we’ll always do the same to yours).
If you are new, welcome to the greatest couple of months of your life. Mercury is moving out of retrograde, and Jupiter is moving into your tenth house of Fame, Honors, and Reality TV Excitement.
Keep reading for an overview of how to start your very own Bachelor Fantasy league.
HOW OUR BACHELOR FANTASY LEAGUE WORKS
1) Gather your “Bachelor”-loving friends and coworkers, and choose a League Commissioner. The Commissioner is responsible for tallying league members’ points each week and sharing the standings with the league.
2) Choose how your league is going to run your draft (read more on that below) and submit your contestant picks to your league commissioner.
3) Watch “The Bachelor” every Monday night, beginning January 4 on ABC.
4) Visit this blog every Tuesday morning to see how each of your contestants scored. The league commissioner should add up the point totals for each team in order to figure out the weekly rankings. You can use our BachFantasy Score sheet (UPDATED) to keep track of your league members’ scores.
You have a few options when it comes to drafting your Bachelorette fantasy league team team of five contestants. Click here to read more about how to draft your team.
When picking contestants, choose your own adventure. Do you want a team of escapees from the funny farm? Do you want to stack your team with the stage 5 clingers? Variety is the spice of life. Do you.
Points are divided into Phrases, Actions, and Roses. We’ve added a few new points categories this year; look for bolded below. We will continue with a new wildcard point category each week to keep things fresh throughout the season!
- Talking about her parents’ relationship (5 points)
- Mentioning her kid (5 points)
- Mentioning a deceased loved one (10 points)
- Mentioning a previous fiance or husband (10 points)
- Expressing fear of a date activity (10 points) NEW IN 2016
- Discussing her virginity (15 points) NEW IN 2016
- Saying “I’m not here to make friends” (20 points)
- Saying “I’m falling for you” to the Bachelor or “I’m falling for him” to the camera (20 points)
- Saying “I love you” to the Bachelor (30 points)
- Telling the Bachelor that someone in the house “is not here for the right reasons” (30 points)
- Interrupting someone’s one-on-one time (5 points)
- Bonus: using the phrase “steal [the Bachelor] away” during said interruption (5 points)
- Dancing (5 points)
- Wearing a helmet (5 points)
- Singing or playing an instrument for the Bachelor (5 points)
- Hot tubbing (5 points)
- Giving the Bachelor a gift (5 points)
- Going on a picnic (5 points)
- Must be sitting on the ground
- Wearing a costume or clothing native to another culture/country (5 points)
- Attending a concert (10 points) NEW IN 2016
- Riding in a helicopter (10 points)
- Riding on a boat (10 points)
- Kissing the Bachelor on the lips (10 points)
- Appearing visibly drunk (15 points)
- Meeting the Bachelor’s family and/or friends (15 points)
- Needing medical attention at any point (20 points)
- Crying on camera (25 points)
- Must actually see moisture fall
- Having a secret boyfriend at home (25 points)
- Having a body part blurred out any point (30 points)
- Only for nudity; having your mouth blurred for profanity doesn’t count
- Leaving the show early on her own accord (30 points)
- Drafting the next Bachelorette on your team (40 points)
- Coming back to the show to beg for another chance (50 points)
- Getting the First Impression Rose (35 points, only available first night)
- Being selected to go on a group date (10 points)
- Being selected to go on a one-on-one date (20 points)
- Getting the rose to stay another week (25 points)
- Getting the rose on a group date (30 points)
- Getting the rose on a two-on-one date (40 points)
- Making it to Hometown Dates (50 points)
- Accepting the Fantasy Suite (75 points)
- Refusing the Fantasy Suite (-75 points)
- Winning the Final Rose (100 points)
Each week, we’ll announce the upcoming wildcard category for the week on Twitter (so follow us to see what it is!). It will change weekly and is only awarded to one lady per episode. For example, one wildcard category might be: the first lady to dance this week gets 40 points.
We’ll score each episode for you and post each contestant’s scores every Tuesday morning. Be sure to check back every Tuesday to see how your teams are stacking up against one another! We’ll also be posting an episode recap for those of you just can’t get enough Bach.
Will you be joining us this season? Let us know your league or individual team name in the comments! (We like puns.)
P.S. You can sign up to get an email every time we post by entering your email address in the widget at the very bottom of the page.